Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kitty's first vet visit


We found grey eye kitten on Sept 20th. On Sept 21st grey eye kitten went to her first visit to the vet.
Sept 21st is a Sunday, we contacted several vets and the only clinic that was open was Park Slope Veterinary Care. Although they were fully booked, after I explained about GEK being a newly rescue kitten, they kindly fit her in their busy schedule.
The vet and her assistant both fell in love with this adorable and friendly kitten, she was purring so hard that the vet had difficulty picking up her heart beat! They checked for fleas and found none, and gave her a general dewormer. They have also tested her for FIV and FeLV.
The FeLV test came out negative, however the FIV test shows a weak positive. The vet told me that most FIV positive cats live long and healthy lives, however GEK will need to be the only cat in a household. She told me to read up about it. I will post my findings on FIV on my next post.
UPDATE:
Just talked to the vet over the phone, stool sample came out negative for parasites and worms.

1 comment:

Galia said...

O.M.G! L.O.L! G.E.K is C.U.T.E!